Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have on his person, or in his possession
BOSTON -- Less than two weeks after pitching against Boston with what appeared to be pine tar on his pitching hand, the New York Yankees Michael Pineda was ejected from a game against the Red Sox on Wednesday night after umpires found a foreign substance on his neck. Custom Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . Boston manager John Farrell didnt alert umpires about brown goo on the lower part of Pinedas right palm during a 4-1 win over Boston at Yankee Stadium on April 10. Photos of Pinedas pitching hand that night sparked a debate about pitchers use of sticky substances to get a better grips in cool weather. With two outs and a 1-2 count on Grady Sizemore on Wednesday, Farrell left his dugout to talk with plate umpire Gerry Davis, who went to the mound. Davis touched the right side of the pitchers neck with his index finger then ejected Pineda as other umpires and Yankee infielders stood nearby. On a night with a game time temperature of 50 degrees, Farrell had said before batting practice: "I would expect if its used, its more discreet than last time." Pineda left with the Yankees trailing 2-0 after he allowed two runs and four hits in the first inning. He was replaced by David Phelps. Rule 8.02(b) says a pitcher shall not "have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game. In addition, the pitcher shall be suspended automatically." "We will talk to the umpires tomorrow and review their report before taking any action," Major League Baseball spokesman Michael Teevan said. In recent suspensions of pitchers for pine tar, Tampa Bays Joel Peralta was penalized eight games in 2012, the Los Angeles Angels Brendan Donnelly 10 days in 2005 and St. Louis Julian Tavarez 10 days in 2004. The suspensions of Donnelly and Tavarez were cut to eight days after they asked the players association to appeal, and Peralta dropped his challenge with no reduction. In Pinedas previous start against the Red Sox, television cameras caught Pineda with what appeared to be sticky pine tar on his hand on a cool night. Farrell didnt see a photograph of Pinedas hand until the fourth inning; when Pineda came out to warm up for the fifth, his hand was clean. "In conditions like last night, its not uncommon for pitchers to try and get a grip in some way," Farrell said later. "Were more focused on what we need to do offensively to kind of get going rather than taking anything away from his abilities." Joe Torre, MLBs executive vice-president of baseball operations, said in a statement April 11 that Pineda would not be suspended for the substance on his hand. "The umpires did not observe an application of a foreign substance during the game, and the issue was not raised by the Red Sox," Torre said then. "Given those circumstances, there are no plans to issue a suspension, but we intend to talk to the Yankees regarding what occurred." Cordy Glenn Bengals Jersey .J. -- Having Ondrej Pavelec earn his 100th NHL win and seeing Mark Scheifele and Evander Kane break goal droughts were nice highlights for the Winnipeg Jets. Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys .J. Ellis have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year contract. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengal...on-Jersey/ . - The Detroit Lions have placed tight end Brandon Pettigrew on injured reserve, ending his season. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Carlos Pena is back in the major leagues with the team that drafted him in the first round quite a while ago. Pena rejoined the Rangers on Tuesday, a week after signing a minor league deal and going to Triple-A Round Rock, and 13 years after making his major league debut with Texas. He was the 10th overall pick in 1998. "God is good, man. Here I am, where it all started for me and its truly very special," Pena said the home series opener against Detroit on Tuesday night, when he was batting sixth and playing first base. "Just to think back where it all started. ... This is crazy. I was looking at a picture I had of my first at-bat ever and it was with a Rangers uniform. My wife sent it to me this morning." The Rangers designated first baseman/outfielder Brad Snyder for assignment when they purchased the 36-year-old Penas contract from Round Rock. Since losing Prince Fielder and Mitch Moreland to season-ending injuries, Snyder was splitting time at first base with Donnie Murphy. Neither Snyder nor Murphy had played first base in the major leagues before this season. "We just brought in a first baseman to play first base, and he has a presence," manager Ron Washington said. "He may be a little older, but he has presence. Throw something in the wwrong spot, and he will hurt you. Billy Price Bengals Jersey. He knows how to play around that bag. He knows what to do, he knows where to be. Its second nature to him." In seven games at Round Rock, Pena hit .333 (8 for 24) with one home run. The only person to go longer between games for the Rangers was Sammy Sosa, who made his major league debut for Texas in 1989 and then played his final season there in 2007. Fielder had a cervical fusion of the C5 and C6 disks in his neck last month. Moreland had ligament reconstructive surgery and bone realignment in his left ankle Monday, and the team said he went home to Mississippi. Fielder and Moreland are expected to be ready for spring training next season. After playing 22 games for the Rangers, Pena was traded to Oakland that winter. He has also played for Detroit, Boston, Tampa Bay, the Chicago Cubs, Houston and Kansas City. He was an All-Star in 2009 with Tampa Bay, when he had an AL-high 39 homers. Pena went to spring training with the Los Angeles Angels, but was released March 23 after hitting .139 in 20 spring games. "I was training. I was staying ready. I had faith that something was going to happen," he said. "At the same time, I didnt want to force it. I wanted to make sure it was right and it was the right spot, the right situation." NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys China NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys China NFL Gear Cheap Authentic Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '